Monday, December 20, 2010

Minion Vs the Christmas Tree: scaaary stuff

As I'm expecting Minion's siege against the Christmas tree to come in many episodes, I've created a new link on the right that you can click on to keep up to date. We'll have to award Minion a point from yesterday, for pulling a branch off; and another for banishing cranberries.

TREE 0
MINION 2


Today's Attempts...

CHAPTER ONE

This morning Minion made her first pattes-off-the-floor go at the tree. She fell right off.
TREE 1
MINION 2

  
CHAPTER TWO 
This evening I decorated the tree. When I put on the lights I noticed some of them weren't working. I found a bulbless socket, filled it, and everything lit up. I retired to the kitchen to start supper, and when I returned to the living room the same lights weren't working. [Scratches head.] [I could have sworn I fixed this.] [Once again goes bulb by bulb, looking for a missing or loose ligh.t] I finally located a loose lightbulb... with chew marks around it. She crept in while I wasn't looking and chewed on a light.

TREE 1
MINION 3


CHAPTER THREE

I proceeded to decorate the tree. I declined to use the delicate handmade pieces by Fernando's foster mother.

From my stupidly-large collection, I chose:
- styrofoam dollar store balls, including some at the bottom for Minion to bat at
 
- a couple metal ornaments along the bottom which I hope are chew-proof
 - as many stars on the lights, in hopes that she'll eat those instead of the lights


- WOOD fake cranberries

and a star for her to impale herself upon if she gets that high.

Then I sat back to see what Minion would do.


CHAPTER FOUR
Minion zeroed right in on a foam ball.
 

Paused & posed for this photo.
 
 
Got the ball off the tree.

Batted it around the apartment.

Holed up with it in her tunnel.
 
TREE 1
MINION 4


CHAPTER FIVE

I took the foam balls off the bottom of the tree. I don't mind if she bats them around, but I forgot she might EAT them. I replaced them with the hard plastic Rudolph claymation figurines. Chew on THAT, kittay!

To show there's no hard feelings I placed a pillow under the tree for her.


 TUNE IN NEXT TIME TO FIND OUT IF THE TREE SURVIVES!

1 comment:

ladada said...

I predict that before the 25th you will find that star from the top missing and hidden away in her den, all chewed to bits... Go Minion, Go Minion! -- sorry tree.

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia