Tuesday, September 15, 2009

My rich feet

So today I bought three pairs of shoes, all of them wear-able to work. All of them Fancy Good for Feet and Durable Expensive. All from Ronsons, which specializes in quality and comfortable shoes.

I bought a pair of half-price brown "fashion sneakers." Kinda like these... I think they were Rockports.



And then I found a pair of Ecco boots with sneaker bottoms, to wear with skirts. I can't wear dress shoes, cause I can't wear bare feet in shoes, and I just hate nylons. With boots I can wear sports socks! I don't have a picture of these, but... it's the most money I've spent on a pair of shoes in my life. I was assured of their quality and durability. So I just closed my eyes, gritted my teeth and said: I'll take them. Any time you see me in them, you have to tell me how great they look, even if you hate them. And if you're ever short on cash, I recommend you steal them off my feet.


Then I asked the girl for "shoes that nurses wear" -- the best shoes for working on your feet! She recommended Dansko faux-clogs. They're really weird. They're podiatrist approved, with really high arches, which when you first wear them press on your arches and almost hurt. She said they're basically orthotics. And they're clogs, meaning the back-heel part of the shoe isn't there for support... it's just there so that if your dress code at work (like at mine) says you can't wear sandals / you have to wear closed shoes, these will pass muster. But your feet don't touch the back, which I'm not used to either. Anyway, she said wear them in the house (not outside) and if they're uncomfortable I can bring them back. Very strange, my ortho shoes!

1 comment:

Dad said...

I wish you a lifetime of Happy Feet! So important. Good quality shoes may even be a savings in the long run considering how long they can last when taken care of. Not to mention the health aspect. Now I know what to buy you for your birthday/Christmas/Mozzletoff presents ;-) A contribution towards good shodding.

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia