Tuesday, September 15, 2009

More Kanye

We watched Kanye on Jay Leno tonight. Actually, he seemed sincerely bummed. It sounded like this has actually led to a *soul searching.* He said something about having to come to terms with the fact that award shows didn't turn out to be what he always imagined they were like (before he made it, I guess). And also I THINK he was saying that since his mother died (in 2007) he's been working non-stop, and he hasn't processed his own pain, and his put that "hurt" on someone else who didn't deserve it.

The funny moment, for me.

Leno: When did you realize you'd made a mistake?
Kanye: When I handed the microphone back to her, and she didn't go on.

I mean, that just shows... he lives in an alternate reality, and really wasn't thinking what a HUGE moment this was for her.

Anyway. I think all this "boycott Kanye!" stuff is foolish. He's a great artist, and if he makes more great music then I'll buy it. It only *go off* someone if they're racist or something. Being foolish isn't enough.

Well, I look forward to working in some Kanye-esque type character into my next book!

No comments:

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia