Tuesday, September 15, 2009

my bento obsession



I bought my bento boxes today, from Daiso--it's a Japanese 2-dollar store, and the one is Richmond is the North American flagship store so it's two floors. They didn't sell nice Bentos, just cheap plastic ones ($2 - $3); but that's probably better since I don't know if I'll use them often enough.

This is one of them. The website doesn't
have the other one I bought. ('ll photograph them later.)



Buying cheap boxes allowed me to buy Bento-cessories!

Matching mini fork!



Cute-animal dividers!
(To keep foods separated.
Like the grass in sushi boxes.)

Little salt/pepper bottles.

And other stuff I don't see on the site. Now I just have to resist buying the Vegan Lunch Box or Vegan Lunch Box Around the World books. I just need ideas of cute little foods to stuff into my bentos, not new recipes!

And now I need to take the ferry ride over to Van Island, so that I have an excuse to pack myself a bento lunch.

* More insanely cute Bento lunches.

1 comment:

dad said...

That's a cute idea for making lunch more appealing! So much more interesting than a baggie of jumbled veggies!

Sorry to have thwarted your en-route lunch plans... Not much time to dine in a 15 minute flight...

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia