Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Life is just one damn PART TROIS

Thanks for the well wishes for Minion.

Unfortunately Fernando had to bring her back to the vet this afternoon. He brought her to our vet since it would be less expensive, and anyway we like her a lot. When she felt Minion's guts she thought she felt a tender part, so still thinks there might be something in there. They force fed her a gob of Vaseline -- ugh!!

She called us at 8:30 PM and said she hadn't vomited, and ate a little bit and didn't throw that up. The vet seemed optimistic-ish. Also she was staying in her cage without rubbing her face raw on it like last time, so they're keeping her overnight. I guess the hope is that if she did eat something she'll poop it out tonight.

I think she also said she might not be eating because she associates it with vomiting and with the whole Generally Unpleasant Experience she's been having. The vet at the DMV had actually said she might vomit a couple more times, that that was normal.

But if she keeps vomiting then tomorrow is surgery day.

So I don't know what's going on, I'm confused, but the vet is optimistic. It's all a bit of a muddle to me now.

4 comments:

Oaxaca said...

Menowzzz.... Waiting, hoping, praying...

(how does my iPad spelling corrector get Oaxaca out of ladada? Wierd.

Anonymous said...

Oh, no. I haven't been checking here the past few days. Sorry to hear that she's unwell. :(

Anonymous said...

Um, sorry, that was Kristin. Running out the door, though, and not signed into google. But it's me.

London Mabel said...

Oaxaca: That shall be your new name, little one.

Kristin: It's ok thanks. Sometimes I go a whole week before I can check on people's blogs, and meanwhile they've had babies, their parents have died, pets sick and recovered -- it's too hard to keep up with it all!!

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia