Tuesday, October 12, 2010

How songs fall into my life

Sometimes an old song comes back to me which I Must Own. Today it was: Boys in the Street by Eddy Grant.


(Good heavens--I adjust the width of my blog and NOW youtube comes up with a "custom size" option. Bahstads.)

Then there are songs I used to own on tape, and thought I had in mp3, but didn't! - Revolution by Arrested Development.



And a song I heard in an ad for a TV show. (If I was a musician's agent, I would so try to get their stuff in ads. SUCH good marketing.) "Short Change Hero" by the Heavy (Sounds like a funeral dirge at first, but then it gets funky!)


Music I get into way after everyone else did. Duffy's "Hanging On Too Long."


Bands universally acknowledged as great, and I'm not sure I love them enough for whole albums, but LOVE the occasional song. The Roots' "How I Got Over." Don't you even just love the title?


Best of album for the husband: Phil Collins. ("Against All Odds" really is one of the greatest lovebreak songs of all time. And with heavy drums--how unusual is that?)

No comments:

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia