Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The story of me in -- reorganizing the apartment

Tomorrow I'm going to reorganize and tidy my bedroom. When Nombly was alive I re-did the room so there was nothing on the bottom of my shelves, and other things in tupperware (pee proof.) Now I've got to get rid of the tupperware bins and fix things back. I also have a small desk next to my bed, piled with at least 30 books. Time to put those away! (Julius Caesar, Cat Confidential, Elle magazine, Les Trois mousquetaires, Frederica, 3 more cat books, the Jane Langton I'm reading, Hero With a 1000 Faces, Aerosmith biography, money book, Dante's Divine Comedy, Mais que lit Stephen Harper, Conrad Hilton's biography, Henry V... that's the ones I can see. On the other side of my bed I see a book on Britain, Henry IV, Beaumarchais' plays, a Molière, and an Agatha Christie has been knocked onto the floor.)

And there's a shelf in the livingroom that's only used for crap, so I'm going to put it in my room.

And a couple years back Fernando dismantled my crafts/broom closet, and since then I've had these random boxes of things kicking around. I've got to find a home for them. (Still not sure where to put the brooms... There are two things I've learned you can't live without. A broom closet, and a junk drawer.)

And then there will be a little more space in the front room. The old couch has been dismantled and thrown away. New one needs to be put up, along with an ottoman we bought today.

Need to take down the old curtains and hang the new. Take down the kitchen ones and bedroom ones, probably replace with some curtains I bought but hadn't yet put up.

Need to put up my new kitchen sideboard, and fill it up, hence clearing out another Tupperware bin and half a cupboard. (There's bins everywhere from the Nombly Days.) And maybe move a shelf into the corner, if there's room. I have room for all the food I need, except when Fernando buys in bulk, and then it just sits on the kitchen table. 

It'll be a busy few days before I return to work, but things I need to go if I'm going to get through the winter. I'll feel mentally much better once it's all done. Meep meep!! I haven't had the energy to clean all this up in a long-o time-o. No idea why the energy has arrived, but it's welcome.

No comments:

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia