Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Me and the feets and the heats

Another freeking hot day. I wore my nice Teva sandals, but just the 10 min walk home from the train, with my hot/sweaty feet rubbing against the sandals, was enough to give me sore spots on my feets. Will have to wear runners and socks tomorrow.

For some reason both my trains, to and from, were 20 minutes late. What's the deal--trains can't run in heat?? Waiting wasn't too bad, though: I took out my umbrella (yes, I use my umbrellas as sunshades, I don't care who stares they're just jealous) and read Georgette Heyer on my kobo. I was prepared, baby.

2 comments:

BrotherPaul said...

Umbrella - Tell them that you are simply ahead of the times. It isn't unusual on the West Coast for women to use umbrellas against the sun. It's a Chinese thing. They'll all be following in your footsteps soon enough...

London Mabel said...

It's so sensible.

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia