Wednesday, July 7, 2010

my day in heat and beer (minus the beer, cause I don't drink)

Finished the leadership training course thingy today, and then did something I haven't done in a long time--went out for a drink with co-workers. Sometimes I avoid socializing because I can never do it in 1 hour increments. I get swept into good conversation, and 5 hours pass easily (as almost anyone who knows me has experienced). Tonight was no exception, but it's been awhile, so it was nice. I was with three managers from other stores, who were in my course; and one of my fave managers from another store also joined us. ...He needed a beer, after having two customers faint from heat exhaustion in his store today.

Still hot like a crazy-poo. When I opened the bread loaf bag just now, I could feel the heat trapped inside, and there was condensation forming. I stuck it in the freezer.

4 comments:

ladada said...

re: I stuck it in the freezer

It was the humane thing to do.

London Mabel said...

I AM a humanitarian.

Kristin said...

What? Really? You don't have air-conditioning in big stores? Non-roadworkers faint from heat exhaustion on the job?

London Mabel said...

It's air conditioned. He thinks it might have been the contrast, coming in from the heat.

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia