Monday, July 19, 2010

50 Questions

Q: What's your favorite school supply?

A: Hm, that's a hard one. In elementary school, it would have been smelly markers. My friend M. eventually owned the biggest set, and I had much envy.

In high school, it was the agenda. I would cut out a picture from a magazine to paste over the front, and maybe some pictures inside. I would then dig out favourite quotations and pepper them throughout. And buy coloured paper clips to divide and decorate it. It was very fun.

Fresh spiral notebooks are cool too, though. They bespeak of the endless possibilities (outside of schoolwork.)

And today at work we got in pencils shaped like drumsticks.

Now then--what your favourite school supply?

5 comments:

dirtyduck said...

the pencil:) i did a report on the history of the pencil in the eight grade...nerd

gmc said...

Nothing like a nice clean fresh pink eraser! And a brand new pack of Laurentian Colored Pencils! It was a shame to even sharpen them.

Kristin said...

It had to be the Trapper Keeper. Was this after your time, maybe? They only lasted a few years, I think.

London Mabel said...

@dirtyduck - Pencils! lol You were HARD CORE.

@gmc - Yes, I almost put coloured pencils. To this day I can't resist occasionally buying a new packet, and markers.

@Kristin - I actually had to google it. I guess they weren't quite The Height of Bindertude when I was in high school. Or maybe my parents were just too cheap and I've had a deprived childhood.

Kristin said...

Oh no, not high school, elementary school for me. And maybe into the first year(ish) of middle school (up to 1992). I never really saw them after that. By the way, they were very badly made... Fell apart within a couple of months, but they were huge.

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia