Sunday, May 2, 2010

what to read next... again...

Oh the eternal quest of What to Read Next, since I'm almost done the Sheldon.

I have a freebie from work from a mystery series that takes place in England just after WW1. And I have another freebie by an author who came to our store, who's quite famous but I've never read her--but that's packed in the suitcases which I'll only get back on Monday.

However, since I'm in 80s mode, I'm tempted to read my one Lawrence Sanders book. He was one of the big trashy super authors of the 80s, but I've never read him. Picked one up at a book sale once. It should be a quick read.

And then I have some things on my kobo--mostly the stories my friend wrote.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you like your new kobo? It took me a while to get used to my reader... but now I couldn't be without.
Irene

Aluwings said...

I too await your report on Kobo ;-)

ladada

London Mabel said...

I have to actually read something rather than just play with it!

It's slow to load up, which I knew from the reviews. Though sometimes when you're waiting for a book to load, it gives you a quotation from Oscar Wilde or Mark Twain etc. to read in the meantime! And the page turning speed is fine.

I also tried it in direct sunlight and there's no difference--it looks like the page of a book. (That's the eInk technology that they all have.)

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia