Thursday, January 7, 2010

reviewing your year?

7 Questions to ask yourself about the last year (click link to see more details). Tune in tomorrow to see if I answer any! For now I'm going to finish Love is a Many Trousered Thing and go to bed.

  1. If the last year were a movie of your life, what would the genre be? Drama, romance, adventure, comedy, tragedy, or a combination?
  2. What were the two or three major themes that kept recurring? These can be single words or phrases.
  3. What did you accomplish this past year that you are the most proud of? These can be in any area of your life—spiritual, relational, vocational physical, etc. Be as specific as possible.
  4. What do you feel you should have been acknowledged for but weren’t?
  5. What disappointments or regrets did you experience this past year? As leaders, we naturally have high expectations of ourselves and others. Where did you let yourself down? Where did you let others down?
  6. What was missing from last year as you look back? Again, look at each major area of your life. Don’t focus now on having to do anything about it. For now, just list each item.
  7. What were the major life-lessons you learned this past year? Boil this down to a few short, pithy statements. For example:
    • There comes a point in every experience where I am too far in to quit but almost certain I can’t finish. If I keep moving forward I will eventually get to the other side.
    • Being present with the people I love is the most important gift I can give them.
    • Don’t over-think the outcome; just do the next right thing.

No comments:

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia