Friday, May 1, 2009

a leetle home

I really like Swissgirl's house. It's the first one I've seen that I can imagine living in--it's just the right size. Lots of storage space, a finished basement, big windows, just two floors, 3 bedrooms, the bathrooms are away from the living room so guests can pee in privacy... it's nice!

I especially like two features of the recently decorated kitchen: both the counter and floor have a sort of calico pattern, upon which dirt does not appear. I spilled some crumbs the other day, and good thing JR was there to lick them up, cause I was having trouble finding them to clean them up! When I wash the counter, I have to go by feel to know whether it's clean. AMAZING!

It also gets sun in just the right way, so even in the hot weather we just had, I never adjusted the thermostat. The house remained cool. That's not so much a Me Thing, as a Fernando Thing, if we ever had a house.

Lots of room for cats to go tearing from one end to the next.

Two SMALL lawns. The back yard is fairly well blocked by bushes, though they're still a bit short on the right side, but they'll get taller.

...Not saying I want a house yet, or in Quebec. But this is the first house that makes me picture such a crazy thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are planning to get a fence on the right side...

Simone

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia