Thursday, October 9, 2008

Miss Mabel's Chrismas: episode 1

Everyone's so happy about Fall being here, but I'm not enjoying it. I don't want shorter days. I don't care about the Crisp Air and Crispy Leaves. I usually at least enjoy that it's the one season you can wear almost 100% of your wardrobe, but when you're working in dress code this means nothing. "Will I wear my black slacks or my black slacks? Woo!" This Fall thing is overrated.

But the colder air, and the arrival of Christmas product at work, is putting me in the right mood for Christmas (oddly enough.) I'll be taking on extra responsibilities at work, to help out cause we're short a manager.

On one hand, I'm feeling pretty good because I won't have any papers due! Yippy! Being a manager is less stressful.

On the other hand, I can't work in my pajamas. Boo!

Number of days off won't be much different, because I always did a mix of paper writing, grading and work shifts the last 5 years; the difference is when I go home I GO HOME. No work to do at home. Just decorate the tree and bake pumpkin pie. Yay!

Tune in later this week for the exciting next episode: Mabel is cash trained on the new system. As Nombly would say: Meh meh meh!


No comments:

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia