Saturday, February 5, 2011

daydreaming of nuthin'

I was just reading someone's personal blog, and she was daydreaming about what she'd do if she won the lottery. She has all these specific plans!

I don't tend to have these sorts of fantasies. I think I have a fear of it. Like... I'll get too excited about the dream, and when the reality doesn't match up, I'll be disappointed. And I don't want to be disappointed by my cute wee life. I'll have those flitting "and then if I was a bestselling novelist!" moments, and I push them out really quick.

I'm not sure it's even healthy, though. Is it better to have nice specific fantasies? Something to reach for? As Rorschach would say: Hrm.

If I had Money tomorrow... what would I do? I can't answer it. If it was enough to last the rest of mine and Fernando's life, I guess the first thing I'd do is look for a good money manager-person. Put all the money into the right places before I go and foolishly blow it all. Then I suppose we might move out west and buy a home. But if we were really rich, I guess we could have a home here too!

And then, you know, decide how much to give to charity, family members, friends and such. And then decide what fun we'd like to have. I mean, other than "not work, write novels, travel" I really would have no plans. Just decide as I go.

Maybe for this fantasy to work I need to think in terms of less money, like a million dollars. But I don't know how much anything costs, so then it's just confusing.

Nah, this fantasy just doesn't work for my brain. Sigh. I am not Le Type.

1 comment:

dirtyduck said...

i know just what you mean!!although i do fantasize over being able to have so much money that i could give lots away. just to random people (after fam and friends of course) i think that would be fun.

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia