Monday, February 7, 2011

accusations of sickatude

I have a wee head cold. I noticed when I used to work that people love to blame other people for making them sick--which is absurd because you can pick up germs from any number of surfaces, and when you're in retail and have sick kids all over your store, and you're touching germed up product, and germy money, and you're working with a store full of students who aren't getting enough sleep, and you add into that the fact that people are usually contagious before they show symptoms... who the hell knows where you caught your cold from! But "YOU gave me this cold!" is the first thing you hear. It's very weird.

However I can count the # of times I've had to leave the house this winter (woo!) so (a) this is my first cold in age, and (b) there can be no other source but him. I don't even think I checked the mail in the last few days. I did open the door to put recycling in the hall for him to take out... but I wouldn't have touched the outside handle. However he didn't show any symptoms, so he just carried this cold home for me to have. Isn't that sweet? It's ok, it's very very little.

No comments:

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia