Monday, December 6, 2010

My advent calendars!

The program as seen on my desktop.
I LOVED advent calendars as a child. Not the chocolate kind, just regular paper, with pretty pictures. I gave in and ordered myself a cute one this year.

But my dad (who knows my advent-love) has finally found a great online one. Most are really unsatisfying, but this one is by Jacqui Lawson. She makes these cute animated cards that my dad has a subscription for and sends on various occasions, so when he sent the advent calendar I knew it would be great! Not some boring pic, but a little pizzaz. Every time you click on a day, a new animation is added to the scene.

And it's indeed wonderful. I installed my husband's for him on his computer, and we both look forward to opening our digital and paper advent doors. (My husband grew up mostly not celebrating Christmas, so he doesn't know about these calendar things.)

Note to my father: Thanks dad!! And I expect to get one next year too.


Here's the lovely Lawson scene. Isn't it beauty-full? Day one was the decorating of the Christmas tree.


3 comments:

Irene said...

Love the Jacquie Lawson's greeting cards. I use them for the last couple of years. They are beautiful!
I saw the advent calendar and was debating... should I or not? But now... as I read your review I will get it too.
Happy Holiday Season!
Irene

gmc said...

I liked the train station most so far... although the tea shoppe was cute too...

London Mabel said...

I like alll the bits.

Happy holidays to you too Swiss Mom!

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia