Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Further adventures of Minion Vs the Christmas Tree: The lobotomized tin soldier

Here's Minion looking resentful after I made the tree more Minion-resistant. She refuses to sit on the cushion I provided for her--she actually stuck her nose under it and pushed it away.

But like most cats, she loves to sleep under the tree.

Day before yesterday: Pondering what to attack next...

The metal bell ornament!  Arrrr! chomp chomp chomp. (I can't imagine what the vet's going to say next time I bring my cat in with teeth ground down to nubs.)

The wood cranberry strand! chomp chomp chomp

"You think you can put these styrofoam balls too high for ME? Ha! Shazam!"

And then a little break.

"Ahh paparazzi!"

The ornament I've seen her play with most is the pig, dangling right where she likes to sleep. She bats at it as she falls asleep, like a baby with a mobile.


Yesterday:
Is there any point keeping score? Other than its ability to soothe the savage beast and send her into nap mode, the tree is losing. Yesterday I woke up and found a lobotomized soldier on the floor.


7 comments:

Kristin said...

Ahaha! She is never going to forgive you for taking down the tree.

Simone said...

I want her I want her I want her I want her I want her!

London Mabel said...

@Kristin - Uh oh. Hadn't thought of that...

ladada said...

"with teeth ground down to nubs" ... and bits of plastic, red paint, styrofoam and fake pine needles in her stool! ha ha!!!

Too funny. You may have to install the tree permanently in "her room" somewhere.

London Mabel said...

lol You know you're a bad mother when your amusement is more important hthan your child's safety.

simone said...

You're a terrible mother. Someone should kidnap her and keep her for themselves. (insert evil laugh here:_________)

Then again, you'd be on to me if you come cat sit...

London Mabel said...

Just tell me she's the love child of Suzy and JR. Looks like her mother, acts like her father.

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia