Thursday, November 25, 2010

up and at 'em

* The Canada Reads list is out. Looks good--I just bought Essex County, and this humour one looks good, gonna add to my "maybe buy" list.

* This week I had gotten myself all turned about--going to bed at 9 AM and waking up in the dark. But I learned in a previous year that my body eventually resets itself. Last night I was sleepy at 1 AM, so I went to bed. I did wake up for a couple hours at 7 AM (had to eat and read for a bit) but I was back asleep by 9, and slept til noon.

Just had breakfast, am checking out my blogs and cafĂ© etc. Then gotta get down to work. 

* After I fend off the peanut. When the little peanut wants my finger, she climbs on my lap, pretends like she's settling in, and then LOOKS up at me. NARROWS HER EYES. SMILES. And just gaaazes at me, trying to seduce me into giving up my finger. It's hard to capture the look for you, because her back or side is to the computer camera.

"You know you want to give me a finger."
 "We'd be having a much better time if you just gave me your finger."
 "Think of the fun we could be having!"

"Aha! I have caught a stray finger!"
 

"Nom nom nom."

{SIGH. CONTENTMENT.}

 "Banished to my blanky on the floor. >:-( "

2 comments:

Simone said...

if she disapears one day -it was me. I think of JR and Mignon as Binnie & Alf Hodbin

London Mabel said...

lol Yes!! The Hodbins were my favourite characters, and reminded me of my troublemaking cats.

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia