Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Tempest - coming soon

Working on my book (a modernization of the Henry plays) has put me back in a Shakespeare mood this past year. I rewatched Baz' Romeo and Juliet recently, and watched MacBeth the other night, and am reading Julius Caesar.

This December a new Tempest is coming out. The only film version I've seen was Peter Greenaway's, which was of course insane. Don't think I could sit through that again, but the music was beeeoootiful.



This new one stars Helen Mirren as Prospero. The effects don't look very good, but Mirren should deliver the goods.



Well, if it's bad, the Plummer-at-Stratford version is also coming to select theatres.

No comments:

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia