Saturday, October 9, 2010

my life in swedish conspicuous consumption

We have to buy a new couch, cause the frame on the old one is broken. The old one was the cheapest Ikea couch I could find, that was high off the ground for Mr Pee-pee (so he'd piss on the easily-washable legs and not the fabric). But it's been over a year since he passed away, so we can move up to something a little more stable. ...But still Ikea. ...I prefer to not worry about furniture fitting through the door.

I want a sofa bed. And it has to be tall enough that my legs are at about a 90 degree angle, so it won't trigger headaches.

Since this is a big piece of furniture, I have to carefully pick the colour, cause it's my big chance to have something jazzy--like red!

But then I'd like to get a couple end tables to match...

I love this end table...


 ...but I think I'll save $60 and just settle on this. It'll be covered in crap anyway.

Maybe a new poster too, I've had my old ones a long time.



The rest of my furniture is all inherited, and is fake wood, so it has to match that. And maybe match the curtains I bought and never put up, though... new curtains are pretty cheap.

cheap ikea curtain:


uncheap but lurvly ikea curtain:



Since we're going tomorrow, I'm sitting up thinking about this. Hmmm. Hmmmm...
It's a bit sad to buy all your furniture at one store, but without (a) a car, and (b) enough passion for decor that I'd want to spend time running around in my car looking for treasures... Ikea it is.

2 comments:

Simone said...

I love Ikea.. Almost everything I have is IKea...

ladada said...

I'd do allll my shopping by catalogue if I could ;-) ... no running around, no muss, no fuss.... oh la.

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia