Tuesday, August 3, 2010

listening to

Hey, I haven't been keeping up with my K'naan videos!



And some songs I've been loving lately, that I may not have posted already...

From MIA's new album:




Ingrid Michealson


From Macy Gray's new album


Lata Mangeshkar - Jo Wada Kiya


Martha and the Muffins - Even in the Rain (sound not very good on this video)


From Katie Melua's latest album


From Eminem's new album - a song about a messed up relationship, featuring Rihanna! Hmmm... Seems to be a big hit. Pitchfork hated this album, but the couple songs I heard I've liked better than his recent stuff. I can only stand so much of his brand of rude boy rap.


The Shangri-la's Great Big Kiss (and other girl band stuff) -- "Give him a great big kiss, MOUAH!" Makes me wanna run out and get gogo boots and a jumpsuit!


And I got into that song because of this one--for which there hasn't been a decent video until now. I walk around singing "won't you come to my house-a" (though Haley argues that this is indeed a game of cat and mouse, and always will be!)


And finally, I think Bonnie Tyler did a great job covering "Right Here Waiting". The orchestra stuff works.

No comments:

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia