Wednesday, August 25, 2010

50 Questions: What's the best costume you've ever worn?

I recently dressed as a Pride and Prejudice zombie hunter, for a macabre-themed party. (Really, what good is a fencing foil against zombies? But I didn't feel like making a sword.)

But my best "costume" might have been in high school, to a friend's small Halloween party. The previous year I'd had a falling out with a couple friends--or rather they fell out with me. Well pushed, really. Anyway, we were amicable with each other, but didn't hang out anymore.

One of these girls came dressed in a Japanese outfit (yes yes, ethnic costume as costume, naughty-ness -- look, we were just little) -- she was wearing a cheap, shiny, houserobe type kimono.

I, on the other hand, wore a real kimono--a gift to my grandfather from an ambassador, which my grandfather had given to me. I am not ashamed to admit that I took great delight in Oh So Casually lording this fact over her, when she came to compare looks. Especially since she was a very competitive sort.

The only comeback she had was that I'd better not spill anything on it.

BOUAH HA HA HA HAAAAAA!

Sometimes, it's the petty things that mean so much.

(It was a cotton men's kimono, sort of like this one.)


Any costume stories out there?

No comments:

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia