Saturday, July 10, 2010

Gosh he's so odd

Prince says the internet is over. I read that just after...

- getting an email from youtube with the latest posts by my subscriptions, including a youtube video of each of the songs on his new album, released today
- and if I like any of them I can convert them to mp3 through zamzar (I would buy off iTunes, but he doesn't believe in iTunes so the album isn't available through any legitimate online source)
- so I actually read his statement while listening to his new album on youtube

If he just meant that artists need to find ways to get away from free pirating of music then, yes, sure, maybe the hey day of the internet download is over. But is his album (so far only distributed as a free CD in today's Daily Mail) already available to download through bittorrent? I haven't checked, but I'm sure it is.

For the record: I don't think the album is very good. Liked the last couple more. And I don't know why he persists in rapping. The man can play 27 instruments, but he can't rap.

No comments:

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia