Sunday, July 11, 2010

bleh bleh

Feeling in a meh-meh mood. We rented Hot Tub Time Machine earlier today, but I didn't like 2/4 of the characters, so I didn't find it very entertaining. But then Hollywood/Bollywood was on TV, and rewatching it made me feel a little more up. I'm now rewatching Monsoon Wedding, which I recall lurving.

I think I'm going to put Henry V on the backburner for a little while, and go back to the story I was rewriting when I started school. It was a modern take on Georgette Heyer's Frederica.

I've been tempted a few times to go back and finish it properly (it was a Nanowrimo story), and now I'm re-reading Frederica, so the mood has grown. Frederica is soooo good. My days, that Heyer woman... she knew her stuff!!

It's about a very arrogant, very bored-with-life sort of marquis, who never lifts a finger to help anyone else if he doesn't want to, but somehow gets roped into helping a young woman, her supa-gorgeous sister, two trouble-making younger brothers, older brother, and their excitable dog.

I'm reading 3 other books at the same time --> literally switching from one to the next cause I'm enjoying them all.

A book about change, called Switch. It's good but I agree with one of my profs who advised--always find the journal article that came before the academic book, cause you get the whole point in 1/10 of the size. That's what I wish I had for business books.


The first book from a French series, the most popular teen series at the moment, Aurélie Laflamme. It's almost as good as the Angus series, and similar in format.


And an Elizabeth George mystery. It's slow-moving, but enjoyable.

No comments:

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia