Wednesday, July 21, 2010

50 Questions

Q: What was your most recent trip of more than 50 miles?

A: Okay first of all I have no concept of that 50 miles is. Not because I'm Canadian, but because I'm dyscalculiac. I can picture one foot because I have feet. But I can't picture a mile or a kilometer. I'll do some research and be back.

...

Okay Mtl to Ottawa is 100 miles, and a 2 hour drive. So I guess it's on hour of driving.

A for real: Stratford, Ontario, last fall. For the Shakespeare festival, with Gilby, Oscar and Yoda.


Et vous?

3 comments:

ladada said...

As you know from my youtube posting/video, I flew my little plane from Merritt to Qualicum beach.... about 290 air miles ... about 465 kilometers ... 2 hours and 45 minutes in the little plane.

I once saw a statistic claiming that about 80% of Americans live within 50 miles from where they were born.

I guess most folks are not gypsies like us.

London Mabel said...

Some people must be gypsies with homing beacons. My American Friend has been all over (I met her in Montreal) and just recently returned to her native state of North Carolina.

Kristin said...

But I was born in Frederick, Maryland (near Washington, DC metro area). Mom's family originally from rural NC. Dad's family originally from Chesapeake area of Maryland. I grew up in NC and have more relatives here than elsewhere and identify more with the state's culture than probably any other's, but I wasn't born here.

And if I had a lot of choice and financial freedom right now, I'm not convinced I'd be here, but if I'm gonna be in the US, I'd probably prefer to be here than elsewhere... Unless I could suddenly afford to live in San Francisco or Portland, Oregon. Which would be kind of another story altogether.

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia