Friday, June 18, 2010

watching videos

I don't get the video they made for this song. It's hot and all but... but it's an Unrequited Love song, not a Hot to Trot song. It's not "I Kissed a Girl" it's about being loved by someone (in this case, another woman) and having to tell her that you don't love her back.

I feel like they couldn't make a romantic video about a girl-on-girl relationship, they could only make a Hot Lesbians and S&M and orgies video. Come on now. Save it for another Rihanna song.

Mind you, I gather from some youtube comments that some people didn't realize it was about two women at all.



On the other end of the comprehensibility factor, Alicia Keyes' new video, and in this case it brought more meaning to the song, for me. (In this case I guess I was the fool who didn't know the song was about an interracial romance.) It's a neat video, the way it takes the scenario through a number of time periods.


Meanwhile, here's post-baby Aguilera arriving so so late at the Rihanna/Lady Gaga created Fashionista S&M trend. Boooring. Hopefully something better will emerge from her new album.


Ooh I missed this mini-video when it came out. I LOVE this song. I love the way she says "respirAAYterr."


Now I'm waiting to see the new Gorillaz video, without having to buy it on iTunes.

No comments:

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia