Wednesday, June 23, 2010

mercy mercy me

How did I live before internets? I found an entire site dedicated to hand-feeding your cat.

Sherry was more resistant to his morning feeding, so I cut it short and gave him a larger dose of the appetite stimulant--the vet told Fernando it would be better to go that route than hand feeding.

But it didn't work, and all I got was a drunk cat who wouldn't eat. So I gave him an afternoon feeding, and I warmed the food up and added kitty milk, and it went better. But I've found out I should be giving three times the amount I've been giving, in one sitting. Doh! So I'm off to feed him some more. Going to add some butter this time, fatten the kid up.

Supporting Bones' head while scratching his neck.

Here's the bad:
- won't eat
- so skinny you could cut your hand on his shoulder blades
- head hanging down (stiff neck or something)
- lethargic, weak
- restless
- droopy eyes, third eyelid showing a bit
- and his eyes seem a bit more watery than usual, but might be unrelated
- and I think his kitty acne is back
- immune system under attack

The good:
- still walking around, not hiding
- not vomiting
- drinking and peeing normal amounts
- no blood in feces or anywhere else
- will purr and respond when you pet and cuddle him
- still seems to want to be fed
- showed interest in his favourite toy when I wiggled it around for him
- paid attention when I was crying last night
(Note to self: Haley was sitting to my right at that moment, and continued grooming herself with no interest in my shnuffling. Must remember that her complete lack of interest in anyone but herself is not a bad sign, when she gets sick and old.)

My fear is that this is the relative calm before discovering his got masses of tumours or something. Shiver me timbers.

OK, must feed cat now.

No comments:

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia