Sunday, May 16, 2010

Rooobin Hoood suuuperstaaaar

Reviews of the new Robin Hood movie aren't hot--the feeling seems to be that it's too slow, too convoluted, and takes itself too seriously.

When will people learn that they need to watch the BBC version?? Huff. It manages to keep a serious and dark side, while still having a cheeky Robin; you get one Tragicky Sexy Bad Guy and one Twisted Funny Bad Buy (for whatever your taste); nice mix of sidekicks, including a "Saracen" woman in season two; and a perfectly done romance. Until they make a movie version that does all that (and with British accents), BBC will be my *definitive* version.

Mind you, it might be a little too good. I can't bring myself to watch season 3 because I'm still heartbroken over the character they nixed in season 2.

No comments:

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia