Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Adventure Inc


Because I'd like to visit friends in San Diego, and because a wee bit of my backstory takes place near Hollywood, I'm trying to envision maybe a bigger trip. Maybe fly to San Diego, spend a couple days, then take a coastal bus or train northwards, with a wee stop in LA, and then spend about 5 days in San Fran.

I could also rent a car, but I'm afraid of navigating all that seriously hilly land. Plus, you don't really take in the sights when you're the driver. Buses can be quite nice for that.

Since I'm in no rush to go, I figure--why not plan the ultimate trip? Mind you, the husband already worries about me wherever I go. I know when I get close to the actual SF trip he won't be excited about me wandering a strange city, in Constant Danger! So he'll like even less the idea of me trekking around on a bus. Better not remind him of that bus knifing a couple years ago.

I even looked at the cost of taking a cruise, but when you're alone it seems to cost a lot more.

The only thing is I don't really want to be on a guided tour type thing. Unless it's A Guided Tour of Miss Mabel's California for Her Novel.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If he worries, tell him I'll go with you. =)

jamie said...

and of course, he has nothing to worry about for the sd part of the trip.

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia