Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I'm faux-published!

When you complete Nanowrimo they sometimes give you offers--one was from createspace.com, which does self-publishing. You could order a free proof copy of your book. I didn't find the site/process very intuitive, but I made a point of doing it just for the fun of having a hard copy of my last book. Then if anyone wants to read it, it's in a convenient form.

Anyway, I'd forgotten I'd ordered it, so when I got this package today I was confused. And I opened it up, and it was a book by London Mabel! Weird. Very weird moment. It turned out cute. I chose a photo of one of the neighborhoods portrayed in my story, and it's really pretty. Except it looks like a literary book from a small Canadian publisher. It looks arty, rather than trashy! (They didn't have any trashy options in the cover-maker.)

I guess if I needed inspiration to keep working on my books, this should be it. It's freaky to see your writing in book form!

3 comments:

ladada said...

It's freaky to see your writing in book form!

I too prefer the traditional scrolls. These new-fangled "book" things will never catch on. Who's going to put up with having the story split onto different pages and always having to flip, flip, flip. Scrolls! I say.

Have fun reading your new book! ;-)

BrotherPaul said...

You should slip it onto a shelf at Chapters, just so you can walk by and see your book an the shelf at Chapters!

Or slip it onto the Heather's Picks wall.

Actually, you should do both and take pictures!

London Mabel said...

You're right. I will definitely have to Heather Pickify it!

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia