Monday, April 5, 2010

crappy pol pot!

I'm reading a book that takes place just after the Pol Pot regime in Cambodia, so it's quite depressing. (The Disappeared - Kim Echlin.) To be expected--the reason I wanted to read it in the first place was to pique my interest a bit in the country. I took one South Asian course in university, so I only learned about so many countries, and Cambodia wasn't one. I like watching a movie or reading a book, or writing a paper on a specific country, and then it sticks in my head after.

Anyway. I'm not crazy about her writing style, but I care about the characters, and it's interesting and sad. And if YOU want to take a chance on it... it's a Heather's Pick which means Chapters/Indigo will refund you if you don't like it, no matter the state of the book. (Or "after you've dropped it in your bathtub and rolled over it with your car" as I like to say.)

No comments:

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia