Tuesday, March 16, 2010

People have the power... well some do, anyway

More charity songs. War Child actually has a whole album--this is the first video I've seen. It's a remake of Patti Smith's "People Have the Power." Now... if I was going to produce a remake of this song, I'd go in the direction of making it musically even rock-ier, rather than poppier. This is tinny sounding. But the video is cute... the kids are just too darn tootin' cute-in'. And at least at the end they say what they're doing with the money.

Lyrically the song is simple, but I think it's nice to be optimistic once in awhile. Very much in the "Imagine" vein, and appropriate to the subject matter.

I believe everything we dream
can come to pass through our union
we can turn the world around
we can turn the earth's revolution



Here's the original song.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Patti Smith songs should not be revamped as tinny. Ugh...

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia