Saturday, March 20, 2010

bookrastination

Took a little procrastinatory moment to almost-finish cataloging my fiction books--I hadn't yet done my shelf of favourite authors. (I just haven't done Heyer yet.)

So far I have about 370 "already read" books added to weread on facebook. A mixture of the books I've read and still own, and those I can remember reading--which I add to sporadically, as titles come back to me. I envy those growing up in this electronic age, who can catalog every book they've ever read as they grow up! How wonderful that would be, to remember every library book you took out as a child, every little collection you owned, etc. SIGH.

Here's my list of Favourites on weread. To be a fave, it doesn't have to be the greatest book in terms of Ahtistic Mewit. In fact, it's hard for me to mark just any great literary read as a fave, because if the book was also sad, chances are I'll never re-read it. But there's a few, like A Fine Balance. I probably won't ever reread it, but it was so beautiful, I cared about the characters so much, and I remember so many little details--it definitely has to qualify as one of my fave books ever. But often books like that earn 4-stars, or 5-stars but not a "fave."

On the other hand, books that were funny usually make The Fave List. Even if every Wooster story is basically the same, I know I'll always return to these stories and get great enjoyment out of them. These are the books that make me want to write.

To write... if I can ever get out of this mire of music business research.

I also have an account at goodbooks, but I'm only adding books to it as I currently read them--I joined so as to chitchat with other staff members on what we're reading.

No comments:

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia