Sunday, January 3, 2010

Ghosts of Bloggies Past 4

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

I'm Smiling on the Inside, but Dying on the Outside

Trapped in the Library Part 1

Some girl just walked off and left her laptop sitting in the middle of the study room. I can't work, it's too disturbing, waiting for her to get robbed.


Trapped in the Library Part 2

This guy two desks down, who's been sniffing alarmingly (don't make me sick, sicko!), and whose techno music I can hear through his headphones, is now talking about loud on his cell phone. If I was actually coding the variables for my regression model, I could be in a towering rage of righteousness. But as I was forwarding an email about a Sanjaya parody... "Do you MIND?! I am forwarding an Amusing Youtube Video! SHUT UP!"


Trapped in the Library Part 3

Girl's phone buzzes. She retreats to a louder area to do her talking. But did she leave behind a laptop? I can't tell, the desk divider is blocking my view. How can I study when I'm constantly worried about people's property?


Trapped in the Library Part 4

He also keeps scratching his balls or something. Whatever it is that boys do.


Trapped in the Library Part 5

I've had two students approach me for help with the book reviews they're writing for the class I TA. The working day is never done. The library is bloody hot and humid.


Trapped in the Library Part 6

I'm really losing it.

3 comments:

BrotherPaul said...

Reads like the first 6 episodes of a new Seinfeld-like sitcom.

Aluwings said...

You better move to a quieter area to study ... like the nearest Metro station or something! Cute blurbs that would make great vignettes/stories or somesuch...

Shayna said...

Would make a great short story!... Why am I saying that? I hate it when people try to get me to write something about my real life. When they say that i purposely go home and start a story about magic tree robots.

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia