Thursday, April 30, 2009

Shooozeeeeee!

Tonight I bonded a bit with Sue Ellen. Suzy is the skittish cat, who we suppose wasn't handled enough by humans as a baby.

She's pretty ok with me because I'm the softy bringer. But she also likes to play with the cat dancer toy, except JR is sooo toy hyper (like my cat Sherry) that she doesn't get much of a chance. So I locked him in the bathroom while we played. Then she was able to get all hunteree, and she started purring! I don't think I've ever heard a cat purr while playing. Then she plopped down on her back, just purring. So pet her for a bit.

I released JR, and went to sit on the couch and eat my supper, and lo and behold... she was sitting down the couch from me, which she's never done. Then JR decided she needed to be chased away around the house.

Suzy reminds me of Haley sometimes, even though Hal's very bold. But maybe when you join the calico club, you sign on to some things. For example, Haley loves to be chased, and I'm starting to suspect that mayyybe... Suzy does too. Hard to tell whether she's enjoying the thrill of being chased, or is actually terrified of me. Meeps! I just give little chases, and then I stop. Just a wee bit of "I'm gonna getcha! I'm gonna getcha!" And Ahhhh! she runs away. But not that far.

And when we were playing, she seemed to like sort of hiding and pouncing, which is how Haley hunts.

And THEN Suzy started chasing the shadow of the cat dancer, which she loved more than the cat dancer. And Haley LOVES chasing a laser pointer. Suzy definitely needs a laser pointer, I think she'd love it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Once, she sat NEXT to me on the couch with a paw on my leg!!! It was monumental! Not part of her regular behaviour.
Thank for the lazer pointer tip, we had one for Snoopy (Frank's old cat) but lost it in the move... must make a point to find it again.

Off to supper now! Glad you are having fun! :) Bye!

Sim & Fra.

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia