Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Story of Me: In Goals

I jut noticed that on March 30th last year I talked a couple mild goals I had, or things I'm doing that I didn't too much before. Let's see how I'm doin'...

Playing board games: I did borrow some from a friend who, with her boyfriend, reviews board games for the newspaper. But Fernando's been in a real Warcraft mood, so he's been resistant to any other form of amusement.

Cooking: I've managed to keep this up. Because I'm working more, I'm buying a little more processed food--things that take longer to make, or are harder to reproduce the flavor. But otherwise I seem to have integrated the cooking thing somewhat into my usual routines. So I don't see it as of much of a Big Deal.

Arabic: I haven't done anymore in the way of learning Arabic. It's a tough language, and I don't have any specific motivation, like a PhD or a trip. But I'll hold onto my books for awhile anyway.

Punctuality: I have cleaned up my act quite a bit. I've been getting out of the house on time in the "mornings," and I've learned to start putting my book away on the bus early enough to not be rushing off. Except when I get sucked in and don't notice it's my stop.

Sleep: My vow last year was to never get less than 5 hours (then eventually 7.) I haven't been able to keep it perfectly, but I've been much better. Just trying to avoid those 3 hour nights that I did so much when in school. It makes you so vulnerable to getting sick. So, I've definitely done a lot less of those 3 hour-ers. But when I work the occasional day shift, it still happens.

So I guess I have to set some new goals. I'll think about it... probably introduce some discipline into working on my books, since I'm working more. Gotta use the time Wisely.

And now, par rapport à nothing: lolcats



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

3 hours of sleep!!! WHAT and you could function??? I am in bed by 9:30 / 10PM at night!!! (yet up at 5 / 5:30 AM)

I don't know HOW you can do 3 hours. I would be a MEGA ULTRA SUPER bitch.

Sim.

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia