Monday, December 15, 2008

The Sock Threat

Haley and Nombly both have certain toys that they will take up in their mouths, and run around with, howling, as though they just killed it. And then they usually end by bringing it to me, especially Haley.

For Nombly it has to be a toy made of real fur, like a little fluff ball. (Yes, I am non vegan with my cats.)

But the first time I saw Haley do it, I thought she just had a passion for oatmeal--because she kept getting up to where the little oatmeal breakfast packets were, and then she'd run through the house and drop it in the room I was in.

Then it became mini Kleenex bags.

Then I bought some fuzzy toy that was just the right consistency--she hunts that a lot. I'll have to get a new one, the stuffing's coming out.

But she has a new prey. A pair of socks that Fernando had wrapped up in a red bag, and tied closed. It was on a shelf in the living room, and one day I saw her trying to carry it away, but it's so big she kept getting stuck. So I threw it on the floor, and she proceeded to stalk and hunt it for ten minutes. And now sometimes when I'm sitting in my bedroom writing, I hear her Wild Meow and next thing I know she's depositing the red sock bag in my room.

Good thing she's here to kill these menacing socks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what's funnier...

H stalking the socks or F going around wrapping his socks in orange plastic bags!

Anonymous said...

Wow,that's rather large for a little cat to be carting around. I can just imagine what he would be dragging in if he were in the wild. Nice to see a kitty with big ambitions!

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia