Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Musings on Death and Muted Metal

A few years ago two of my friends' fathers had strokes. (Stroke or heart attack in one case? I don't remember the details.) And now I know three women my age who have a parent undergoing treatment for cancer.

Well... you get to a point in your life where it seems like everyone is marrying or shacking up. Then the babies start. Then the divorces begin. And then the parents get cancer? This seems to be the next Life Phase.

I also just read that girl babies who are big are more likely to get breast cancer. Well, looks like I'm doomed because I was a big sucker. And both my grandmothers had/have cancer, though apparently hereditary cancer is relatively rare. It's being born a big baby that'll get ya in the end!

In other and more trivial news, the upstairs neighbour is playing heavy metal, which is annoying. I like heavy metal, but it has to be listened to loud--not through the ceiling, from someone else's stereo. Oh well, I'll sit here reading the news and listening to muted metal.

No comments:

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia