Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Glomby

Yesterday I only ate homemade baking powder biscuits and carob cookies, with unsugared herbal tea, all day. It sounds like some weird fad diet.

I had made the biscuits and cookies the night before. When I woke up... well what could be more wonderful for breakfast than bp biscuits? If I were a drug addict I'd mainline them.

But then it came time to grab a lunch to bring to work with me, and I hadn't made anything else--and I'm avoiding spending money eating out, since I'm on my new budget. So I bagged more biscuits and cookies.

The managers were all at a meeting and I was working a mid shift to help out the senior who opened the store, and the visiting manager who was closing. So I was Mabel Manager for a day--wow it's been awhile. Getting pages all the time, running around... fun for a day, but.... When I got home I didn't feel like cooking. Just flopped down in front of my compy... with more biscuits and cookies!

Very interesting. I'd even used white flour cause I don't have a lot of whole wheat left, so I'm sure my intestines--which are used to a steady influx of roughage--were in a state of confusion. "What is this pasty glue glombing its way towards us? Ew! I demand a carrot!"

...I'd better work myself up to making a bean salad this afternoon.

No comments:

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia