Sunday, June 22, 2008

Reading reading reading reading i love it love it love it love it

Oo it's so nice to be at work and seeing books I want to read, and I can buy them without guilt! No homework competing with my reads! Tonight I noticed two books I've been waiting for in paperback

--one about some chick time traveling to Jane Austen's time, and the other is a novel about teen girls in Saudi, written by a Saudi woman.



I also took a chance on something called The Tailor's Daughter about a Victorian period chick who loses her hearing (includes murder! and romance!), and a vampire novel called The Historian. I think I'll read the latter next, after I'm done the Jane Langton mystery. I'm hoping it will give me a similar experience as reading Strange & Norrell last summer--sitting on the swing on my balcony, enjoying a slowwww read.

(That cucumber perfume is starting to itch again. Or maybe it's reacting to the heat of the laptop my wrist is pressed against.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read the Historian about two years go (?). Is very good. Very DaVinci Code search through the modern world for ancient evidence like. It's obviously insanely long though. I have the hard cover version and could lend it to you if you want...?

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia