Thursday, January 10, 2008

"Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate"

" Midway upon the journey of our life
I found myself within a forest dark,
For the straightforward pathway had been lost.
Ah me! how hard a thing it is to say
What was this forest savage, rough, and stern"

Sigh. I'm having trouble working on my MA Essay. I've had a cold all week, and though I sleeps and sleeps and sleeps... still the cold... still the no energy. I can't even use the usual procrastination technique of cooking, cause -- the no energy.

It's not helping that I've been doing homework in bed all year. Possibly it is time to relaunch the desk. I just haven't been in a desk mood. I don't like my desk.

And also not helping, that I can't find the kind of information I need for my paper. All the other things I have to do to improve and expand it are pretty straight forward, but for this one I'm digging... digging... and not turning up much. Meh! Meh meh meh! But I have to get work done on this now, before conferences start--otherwise the time I'm spending at home, not taking on extra shifts, no TA money yet, will be like totally wasted.

Oh well. Hopefully the colditude will have passed by tomorrow. And hopefully I'll strike oil on this seemingly hopeless googling.

"All hope abandon, ye who enter in!"


No comments:

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia