Monday, May 2, 2011

Return of the Ants

Ants Part I

Ahh the ants are back and in greater numbers! And Minion's pouting because when she showed me a spider yesterday I didn't kill it.

"We don't kill spiders."
"It's black and has lots of legs and moves!"
"It moves very fast and has more legs. Makes it a spider."
"Kill it!!"
"You kill it! I'm only interested in ants."

So she's being aloof.

I'm leaving the dead bodies of the ants out, as warnings. They keep coming up on my desk, which seems courteous of them.

"Hallos!"
"You know I'm going to kill you."
"I heard you were vegan."
"Have you heard of leading-a-compassionate-but-not-perfect-life?"
"No."

And down goes Medieval Days and Ways. Poor anties.

I remember a few years ago some Buddhist monks who had a bug infestation and wouldn't kill the bugs, or hire anyone to kill them. But made their problem known so if someone wanted to come aloooong and take care of it for them... Come on--

ah! Killed another and one escaped me. Where are they coming in?? I can't tell! It's gotta be right behind my desk. Gonna look again.

2 comments:

nancy said...

I had a friend in London who was learning organic gardening from some Buddhist monks. She was allowed to kill things she found in the garden, but only if she did it with her bare fingers. Mostly, what was eating the garden was slugs ...

London Mabel said...

Ew!! Bare hands - slugs?? No. Even some apes use clubs to kill, so I don't see why I can't use a book or a kleenex! lol

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia