Saturday, January 15, 2011

rrreading

Just finished re-reading. This is the first Wodehouse someone ever lent me, though I can't remember if I returned it unread or not. In other words, don't know if it was the first one I actually read. Same fellow who got me into Agatha Christie.

This Wodehouse doesn't have the best mix-up-plot, or the best Dreadful Fiancé, or any potty friends. But it's FULL of great, great lines--classic Wodehouse metaphors and such.

"I'm not so sure you are good old Bertie. More like a snake who goes about the place robbing men of the women they love, if you ask me."

"Certainly not," I protested, learning for the first time that this was what snakes did.


I'm not reading very fast right now, cause I'm spending most of my hours on my blogs & online-such.  Still getting into Tale of Two Cities--I'm reaching the first third which is usually when a book finally pulls me in or not.

No comments:

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia