Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Kitties and Kale

Being of an Unemployed Nature these days, my life's a bit different. I'm looking for freelance work and online opportunities at the moment. Oddly enough, I don't feel strange staying home every day--maybe because for years I worked 3 days/week, and then when doing my M.A. I was at home a lot, grading and writing. I still have a big stash of cute home office attire (pajamas.)

My sleep's been a bit all over the place, but right now is settling into this pattern:
7 AM - 2 PM - sleep
2 PM - 9 PM - chores: groceries, dishes, and I've been taking pieces of the apartment and reorganizing them; also a homemade supper with Fernando, and watching a movie
9 PM - midnight - sleep
midnight - 7 AM - internet work: looking for work, tweaking CVs, researching and writing my blogs, etc. (I've let my CafeWorld game go for now.)

(My body seems to prefer to sleep in two shifts. This is new for me.)

Meanwhile my kitties are used to having a stay-at-home mom. If I find work outside of the house, Minion may go through finger withdrawal.

It's nice slowly getting back to cooking again. I usually shop at Maxi (a chain owned by Loblaw's, but not as nice as Loblaw's) cause it's cheapest, but today I went down the hill in hopes of soy nog. Strangely the health food store didn't have any, but Metro did! Yay!

They also had greens, which I've been looking for. I bought two greens cookbooks in hopes of cooking them more, and then couldn't find any to buy. But Metro has more local produce and now carries a company that grows Swiss chard, and kale etc. I bought two packages of kale because I'm hoping to make chips, but not burn them this time. And now Metro has a points card, so maybe I'll go more often.

And that's my day.  :-p

1 comment:

gmc said...

Enjoy your time of transition!

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia