Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I wouldn't go there if I knew the way

Today I went out for sushi with Swiss Girl, then sat with Fernando and chatted awhile, then took a nap, and then read the romance novel I'm reading (it's very good.)

But I still feel reluctant to get back to my story because there are problems with it. It doesn't reeeaaally matter, cause it's just Nano--the point is to ignore the flaws and keep running. But I would at least like to change my direction a bit, and I'm not sure how. The thing is, I've boring-ized my hero. His brother is funnier and stealing the scenes.

The brother character is based on Chappelle--specifically Chappelle when he's doing this kind of screaming-bit. I keep hearing in my head: "Bitch I live in a fucking trashcan! I'm the poorest motherfucker on Sesame Street!"  Ohh I lol every time. Chappelle is one of my fave comedians of all time.



Oh well. It's new music Tuesday, so I'm gonna go procrastinate some more before I start. Maybe Kanye will inspire me. I think this new album, from what I've heard so far, will be my fave of his EVER. Oh my days. He is sooooo talented, people need to stop worrying about his craziness and get back to listening to his music. The man's got TALENT. This is an album for the books. So far it has a metacritic score of 98, and the notoriously tough critics at Pitchfork gave it a 10.

"Lost in the World" - it sounds like Kanye West produced by Kate Bush


"Dark Fantasy" - totally beautiful, with a faux-British-Minaj at the beginning


"Power" - "My childlike creativity, purity, and honesty is honestly being crowded by these grown thoughts/ Reality is catching up with me, taking my inner child, I'm fighting for custody."

No comments:

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia