Friday, November 19, 2010

Annie Lennox's Christmas album

I've given Annie Lennox's Christmas album the first listen, and it's pretty much a perfect blend of reverence and artistry--not so artsy that the simple beauty of the original songs is lost, but not so reverent as to be dull. Lennox's voice has grown much deeper as she's aged, and I love how she still knows how to use it to best effect. -> As the review on iTunes says, for once an artist didn't just slap together a packet of Christmas carols, but really set out to make a good album. [You can try one of the songs below, or the 6 min summary someone made, which I pasted at the bottom.]

God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen -- and Lennox showing that she's still the original "Lady Gaga." Such a great video.


This may be the first time I've ever loved "Little Town of Bethlehem." Jewel put out a creepy version which was interesting, but this is just lovely.


A 6 min summary:


Next: I'll be checking out Mariah's new Christmas album.

No comments:

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia