Monday, October 18, 2010

Story of Me in Doctor-ahjs

I went to my blood appointment today (for my hemochromatosis). She said my ferritin's so low, I probably won't need to be phlobotomized for two more years. I always learned that they do phlebotomies at the hospital near my home, where my husband works; so she gave me a consult paper for a doctor there, and hopefully I can switch over. And never again have to trek downtown at 7 AM (at least not for this) which keels me each time.

I'm glad I didn't have to be phlebotomized, because right now I'm on a Beta blocker for my headaches (it's not working at all) which makes my blood pressure even lower than usual. My doctor thinks I might really pass out the next time, instead of just almost-passing-out.

I also made an appt with my GP, so that's one more thing off the To Do list. Now I need to make an appt with my headache doctor, the dentist, and an optometrist. For many years I was great at staying up to date on all my appointment-making--the fact that I've fallen behind again is just one more sign that my present Pace of Life doesn't suit moi.

No comments:

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia