Sunday, September 12, 2010

what to read, what to listen to

In other news... I can't decide what to read on my vacation. I'll still be reading Les Trois mousquetaires, but I want something as a backup for when I'm not in the mood. It was written as a serial, so I'm not sure how long it's gonna be til it takes off. Even if that's 1/3 in, which most books are, that's still 200 pages in.

I'll be using my kobo, so there are other options on there, but I'm not sure there's anything frothy enough. I might need to bring something bricks-and-mortar too.

In other other news... all that writing about Moving TV got me listening to Aaron Copland, so I bought two albums that should cover a good portion of his beautiful music.

* Cincinatti Pops: Lincoln Portrait and Other Works
* Essential Copland (which has Appalachian Spring, Music for Movies, and other stuff)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Les trois mousquetaires and other novels of the time were paid for by the word, so they can be very long. Hugo's novels are of that type. All I can say is that Hugo is worth being patient and reading in its entirety. In the process, he paints France, a huge achievement. I'm a writer, but I stick to much shorter forms. Please visit my blog and leave a comment. Thanks!

London Mabel said...

I think you mean Dumas' novels?

I'm reading it in my second language, so I'm slower than I would be in English. But not giving up! :-)

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia