Sunday, September 26, 2010

Gilmabelfest Day 3 - [title of show]

Heading out to [title of show].



We drove a good ways down the length of Yonge Street, so I was checking out the sights. Like the revelation that MTV is run by the Masons.


This store put spikes all over their letters, presumably to prevent pigeons from nesting. But the pigeons still found a spot!


Our play today was a small production of a not well known show called [title of show]. It's autobiographical, about two guys trying to write a musical about writing a musical, starring themselves and two friends. In real life (as in the play) they did this for a festival, and then got picked up off-Broadway, and in 2008 made it to Broadway.


I believe these are the two original guys:



It was really clever and funny, and the production we saw was so well done. So much so that I have trouble watching the original guys, because I feel like my actors were The Guys. If you have a chance to see it, I'd recommend it (though I can't vouch for the quality of other productions.) I see (on their list) one Canadian showing, in Montreal.
Oscar-D and Porthos-S pose before the theatah.


Return to Maison CG.


Pretty street whereupon is situated Maison CG.
And so Gilmabelfest nears its end. In an hour we're heading out for suppa with Midnightstreet & Vidal, and tomorrow morning I fly out. We've agreed this year was an even bigger success than last year--all three productions were top notch. Yays!

No comments:

Latest mabeltalk posts, so you can catch what interests you :-)

Where would I be without you?

Support Wikipedia